Getting in shape is more than just workouts. Let’s say your workouts amount to 5 hours in a week. A week has 168 hours in it, this translates to about 3% of a week spent working out. Do you seriously think that what you do in 97% of your time has no impact how you feel, your weight, your energy, your fitness level, and your health!? What you do in the gym is only one step in getting in shape and getting healthy.
Everything you put in your body matters. This does not mean you have to eat super healthy foods with little to no taste at all times, but it does mean you have to be aware of what you are putting into your body.
There are a few basic rules
1. You should eat mostly lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, nuts, and very few grains
2. Eat 2-3 large meals and 1-3 snacks every day
3. 90/10 rule – try to make sure that 90% of your meals are real fresh foods, the other 10%…feel free to cheat a little
4. Cut out soda and other soft drinks. Drink mostly water, milk, tea (unsweetened), and only occasionally have fruit juices
Checkout out the store for our nutrition guide.